An early saturday morning fire outbreak, alleged to have sparked from an electrical source has ravaged Amu market in Mushin, Lagos. The fire which was first noticed at 12:20 am has destroyed goods and property worth billions of naira, but without loss of life.
The combined efforts of the LASEMA, Julius Berger Fire Units, Lagos State Fire Service, the Federal Fire Service, the RRS, LNSC and the community are trying to contain the raging fire, says Lagos State Emergency Management Agency Spokesperson, Femi Oke-Osanyitolu.
Femi also revealed that his men and the Lagos State Fire Service officials were prompt at the scene to contain the fire, but wooden and polyvinyl products and other inflammable liquids housed in the market stores are further aggravating the intensity of the fire.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.